News & Updates
GO Virginia Hampton Roads Regional Council Board and Execuitve Committee Meeting Announced:
The GO Virginia Hampton Roads Regional Council Board and Executive Committee will be held on Tuesday, June 6, 2017. The Executive Committee will meet from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at the office Reinvent Hampton Roads (101 W. Main Street, Ste. 415, Norfolk, VA 23510). The Regional Council Board will meet from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the new Hilton hotel The MAIN (100 E Main St, Norfolk, VA 23510). Conference room “Granby A/B” located on the 3rd floor of the hotel. Parking is available at the Town Point parking garage located on Main Street. The meeting agenda will be sent out at a later date. Please contact Tiffany Brannon at email@example.com
- Notice of Invitation for GO Virginia Hampton Roads Regional Council Five 's Regional Growth and Economic Diversification Plan: Request for proposals for professional consulting services to prepare an Economic Growth and Diversification Plan for GO Virginia Region 5 (Hampton Roads, Virginia). Reinvent Hampton Roads, on behalf of the GO Virginia Regional Council, is requesting sealed proposals to establish a contract through competitive negotiation with a qualified source(s) to provide professional consulting services. The RFP with a complete set of specs and offeror qualifications can be viewed at: www.reinventhr.org/news.html . The primary contact is Donna Morris (757)961-8181, firstname.lastname@example.org . The full RFP can be found here.
- GO Virginia Hampton Roads Regional Council Executive Committee Meeting Announced: The GO Virginia Hampton Roads Regional Council Executive Committee will be held on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Hampton Roads Community Foundation located at 101 West Main Street, Suite 4500 in Norfolk. Please contact Tiffany Brannon at email@example.com to RSVP. The meeting agenda can be found here.
- First GO Virginia Hampton Roads Regional Council Meeting Announced: The first meeting of the GO Virginia Hampton Roads Regional Council is April 4, 2017 from 11 a.m. to noon at The Port of Virginia boardroom, 101 West Main Street, Suite 600 in Norfolk. Please contact Tiffany Brannon at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP. Visitors must sign-in at reception. The meeting agenda can be found here.
- State GO Virginia Board Names Regional Council: GO Virginia, the state’s new economic development program to boost regional cooperation by dangling taxpayer grants for job creation, has its regional boards in place. The State GO Virginia Board certified the Region 5 Council, which will include South Hampton Roads, including the cities of Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Portsmouth, as well as the Eastern Shore and Peninsula. Each region is eligible for up to $650,000 in state funding to review challenges in their region and to prioritize next steps. Learn more.
- 4th Annual
Jacobs Technology Days
in conjunction with the
Hampton Roads Unmanned Systems
Opportunity Exchange: Come out to the Hampton Roads Convention Center on April 20th & 21st, 2017 for an event focused specifically on efforts to advance
unmanned systems capabilities, technology commercialization, and regional economic growth. This event is free and open to the public. It will feature unmanned systems panel
discussions with a wide range
of both research & development and
technology affiliated organizations;
exhibits from local and regional
companies; and exceptional
keynote speakers! Learn more.
- Hampton Roads Economic Call to Action Presentation: The phenomenal success of the Hampton Roads Economic Call to Action event is a reflection of the ever-increasing dedication to expand the economic diversity and strength of the Hampton Roads economy. Reinvent Hampton Roads appreciates everyone’s time, energy and enthusiastic support. We would like to take this opportunity to say a heartfelt “Thank You!” to all the attendees. We look forward to working with you again soon. You can view the presentation here.
- REPORT: Growing
Roads. Learn more.
- REPORT: The Hampton Roads Industry Cluster Mapping Project. Learn more.
- REPORT: The Action Plan for Future Economic Growth
in the Hampton Roads Region. Learn more.
- Julia Rust: Millennials see no borders. Learn more.
- Bipartisan economic development initiative sails toward General Assembly passage.Learn more.
- Port had an $88.4 billion impact in fiscal year 2013.Learn more.
- The Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance hosted its Annual Meeting & Investor Reception on January 28, 2016 in Norfolk. Jim Spore, President and CEO of Reinvent Hampton Roads, was among the speakers. Here is a link to his presentation.
- Hampton Roads to get more than $120 million to combat future flooding. Learn More
- Job Growth: The Future of Hampton Roads.Learn More.
- $40 million boost for economy proposed by va. power brokers Learn more.
- A January 3, 2016 op-ed piece in the Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot by Jim Oliver of the Hampton Roads Center for Civic Engagement highlighted opportunities to work as a region. Learn more.
- Long-time Virginia Beach City Manager James K.Spore is the first president and CEO of Reinvent Hampton Roads. He started in his new position on January 4, 2016. Learn more
- StartWheel, a comprehensive resource for Hampton Roads entrepreneurs recently launched. Learn more
- Five Hampton Roads companies are the first graduates of Norfolk's new 10-week ExporTech program designed to foster international growth strategies. Learn more
--The Economic Development Studio @ Virginia Tech is focusing on ideas for creating innovation districts in Hampton Roads and Northern Virginia. Learn more