News & Updates
- Hampton Roads Economic Call to Action Presentation: The phenomenal success of the Hampton Roads Economic Call to Action event is a reflection of the ever-increasing dedication to expand the economic diversity and strength of the Hampton Roads economy. Reinvent Hampton Roads appreciates everyone’s time, energy and enthusiastic support. We would like to take this opportunity to say a heartfelt “Thank You!” to all the attendees. We look forward to working with you again soon. You can view the presentation here.
- REPORT: Growing
Roads. Learn more.
- REPORT: The Hampton Roads Industry Cluster Mapping Project. Learn more.
- REPORT: The Action Plan for Future Economic Growth
in the Hampton Roads Region. Learn more.
- Julia Rust: Millennials see no borders. Learn more.
- Bipartisan economic development initiative sails toward General Assembly passage.Learn more.
- Port had an $88.4 billion impact in fiscal year 2013.Learn more.
- The Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance hosted its Annual Meeting & Investor Reception on January 28, 2016 in Norfolk. Jim Spore, President and CEO of Reinvent Hampton Roads, was among the speakers. Here is a link to his presentation.
- Hampton Roads to get more than $120 million to combat future flooding. Learn More
- Job Growth: The Future of Hampton Roads.Learn More.
- $40 million boost for economy proposed by va. power brokers Learn more.
- A January 3, 2016 op-ed piece in the Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot by Jim Oliver of the Hampton Roads Center for Civic Engagement highlighted opportunities to work as a region. Learn more.
- Long-time Virginia Beach City Manager James K.Spore is the first president and CEO of Reinvent Hampton Roads. He started in his new position on January 4, 2016. Learn more
- StartWheel, a comprehensive resource for Hampton Roads entrepreneurs recently launched. Learn more
- Five Hampton Roads companies are the first graduates of Norfolk's new 10-week ExporTech program designed to foster international growth strategies. Learn more
--The Economic Development Studio @ Virginia Tech is focusing on ideas for creating innovation districts in Hampton Roads and Northern Virginia. Learn more